Friday

Lime Overdose

     I know we just talked about limes however I want to share with you my recent experiences with them.

     My daughter was able to purchase limes from a mom and pop tiny grocery/convenience store at the cost of 20 for $1.00 so of course she picked some up. We found ourselves experimenting and sqeezinig lime juice on just about everything we cooked, mainly meats. They turned out delicious. I soon found I did not need to add any salt at the table as the lime juice added so much flavor. It really enhanced the flavor of whatever you put it on and added a very subltle flavor of its own.

      Salt is bad for me so any chance I get to find a tasty substitute I'll use. Try some lime in your favorite recipes and see if you aren't hooked like I am.

1 comments :

Unknown said...

I agree with you! Where I'm from we use lime in a lot recipes especially meats. If you don't mind I'd love to direct our Foodista readers to your blog. Just add your choice of widget to this post and you're all set!