Sunday

Strawberries




A word here about strawberries. I was surprised to learn that strawberries should be kept in the refrigerator. I always put them in my fridge when I get back from the store, but the thing that surprises me is that the markets never have them in their cold sections. That would explain my constant disappointment in the strawberries. There is always a couple that are growing mold on the bottom. I have also learned that if even one has mold you can bet that the spores are on the rest in the container even if you can't see them.
A fresh ripe red strawberry is a real treat if the markets take proper care of them. Otherwise, I for one will pass on the fresh and just purchase a bag of frozen strawberries. Of course it's not the same but at least you can use those in drinks and other recipes.

0 comments :