Sunday

My Cold Vegetable Soup

    This cold vegetable soup is very much like Gazpacho except that instead of a tomato or vegetable juice base I leave in the juices that come from my tomatoes and cucumbers. When you make this soup make it for your and your family's personal taste. This means put in it what you like and as much of it as per your taste.

     This is what I put into my soup:
  • tomatoes
  • cucumbers
  • jalapeno pepper
  • green pepper
  • yellow pepper
  • orange pepper
  • red pepper
  •  celery
  •  onion
  • mushrooms
  • garlic
  • cilantro
  • salt and pepper
  • lime juice
  • fresh dill
     I put most of the ingredients thru my bullet blender till they are mostly liquefied but also have some solid diced pieces for texture. Usually I only put green pepper in however my store was having a great sale on the orange, red, and yellow peppers so I used them too. They are a little sweeter and add a great taste.

     I don't like really hot tastes, so I remove the seeds and ribs from the jalapeno and I only use one. The amounts and ingredients are up to you. Anyway you make it, it's refreshing and very good health wise, especially if you eliminate or go easy on the salt.

Photo by Rusvaplauke

0 comments :