Thursday

Breadfast Smoothie

     It's been a while since I've posted here. I make no excuses, but I would like to rectify that with this my first of many new posts.

     I finally got a Nutra Ninja, I've been wanting a machine like this for some time so that I could make healthy drinks, soups, and snacks. I've always loved fruits and vegetables and now have a way to combine and enjoy them easily.

     There is nothing terribly original about this recipe, however it's fast, delicious, and good for you.

   
                                                   Breakfast Smoothie

                                   1 cup of Almond Milk ( unsweetened )
                                   1/2 cup of mixed frozen berries ( I use strawberries, blueberries,
                                   and blackberries )
                                   1/2 frozen banana
                                   2 tbsp. of flax seed
                                   2 ice cubes ( optional )

     Blend all the ingredients together and enjoy. I like to let the berries thaw first because the more frozen the fruit is the thicker the smoothie will be. Letting it thaw and the banana soften  will make it easier to drink. If you do leave it frozen you can have a fruit ice cream you can eat with a spoon!

     Also don't be afraid to vary the ingredients, for instance you can use unsweetened orange, apple, or other juices in the place of the almond milk. Vary the berries also. If you use blackberries or raspberries you will get tiny little seeds in the smoothie.

     Flax seed is one of many super foods. Remember when buying them that the whole flax seed itself is not digestible. You should buy ground flax seed where they've already been opened to expose the nutrients your body needs.

     You can also add some protein powder to make it a complete breakfast, or simply have a hard boiled egg with the smoothie for the protein. 

     Hope you enjoy it as much as I do!

0 comments :