Saturday

BE CREATIVE WITH PRODUCE

You don't have to settle for a piece of raw fruit or cooked plain veggies. When I was a kid my mom would make creamed vegetables, just adding a little milk and flour. She would make creamed potatoes or creamed peas and carrots. We couldn't get enough of it.

Mind you, in a perfect world the best would be to eat just picked raw fruits and vegetables, but as you know the world is not perfect so we need to focus on getting the fruits and veggies in our bodies any way we can. If you can't eat them plain go ahead and use cheeses and sauces as long as you control your portions and eat the produce.

I will tell you something you probably won't believe, but I was on a diet for four days with no salt and only low sodium foods and they at first were tasteless, but I did get used to it. I didn't realize this until I started using salt again and everything tasted too salty. I'm not a doctor of course but if you are doing fine with water retention and blood pressure under control, I don't see why you would need to do without salt. Always consult your doctor first of course, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

0 comments :